The Housing Authority of the City of Los Angeles (HACLA) joined A Community of Friends (ACOF) along with Mayor Eric Garcetti, Council Member Marqueece Harris-Dawson and other dignitaries for the ribbon cutting ceremony of Silver Star Apartments. The grand opening celebration concluded with signing of the Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) between HACLA, City of Los Angeles and Los Angeles County.
Silver Star Apartments is a new 49-unit supportive housing development that is home to previously homeless and disabled veterans. Silver Star Apartments is the first Zero Net Energy (ZNE) multi-family, affordable housing project in Los Angeles, California and is on its way to becoming Living Building Challenge Energy Petal Certified. It is also LEED for Homes Platinum Certified and Energy Star Homes Certified. This affordable multifamily development is also the first permitted system for indoor greywater reuse in Los Angeles and is estimated to save over half a million gallons of water per year.
The Housing Authority of the City of Los Angeles (HACLA) has committed $10.5 million in Housing Assistance Payments over the next 15 years.
About Silver Star Apartments
- Address: 6570 S. West Boulevard, Los Angeles, CA 90043
- Developers: A Community of Friends
- Target Population: VASH -- homeless &chronically homeless Veterans with special needs; PBV – homeless, disabled Veterans
- Supportive Service Providers: U.S. VETS and LA County DMH
- Total HACLA PBV commitment to date (all projects): 4854 units; $1,022,183,820
Categories: What's New
| Tags: | View Count: (2303) | Return