All household members 18 years of age or older must comply with the requirements of the annual review process.
The following items may be requested from you:
- Verification of identification - Social Security, birth certificates, or other forms of ID for new members of the household
- Verification of income - last two (2) recent and consecutive pay stubs, employer information, benefits notice
- Verification of assets - most recent bank statement
- Verification of student status - proof of full/part-time student status, financial aid verification
- Verification of childcare expenses (if eligible) - contact information for child care provider
- Verification of medical expenses (if eligible) - receipts of out-of-pocket expenditures for medical or disability expenses for the past 12 months
In addition to the information and documentation provided by you, HACLA is required to verify income and deductions from sources reported through available electronic databases (this includes income from employment, Social Security, EDD, LA County DPPS, etc...).
When the new rent is determined, an appointment is scheduled for you to sign the notice of rent change and/or the Rental Agreement for the upcoming 12 months. If there is any rent increase as a result of your annual review, you will be notified 30 days in advance.