Home Section 8 Landlord Information Landlord Benefits
HACLA offers many benefits to landlords in exchange for listing their properties with the Housing Authority.
- Reliable Payments: Once a HAP contract has been fully executed, the Housing Authority guarantees its payment to you, as long as the family remains eligible and the unit meets HQS Inspection requirements.
- Free property listing: You may advertise your unit free of charge specifically to Section 8 families via GoSection8.com.
- Comparable Rents: Rents may equal, but not exceed, other comparably sized and equipped units in the area.
- Rent Increases: You may request a rent increase once a year after the initial term of the lease.
- Inspections: HACLA inspects your unit free of charge at a minimum every other year.
- Landlord Newsletter: You will find several editions of our monthly Section 8 Landlord Newsletters archived on our website. These newsletters contain valuable information about the Section 8 program and address specific areas of the program pertinent to landlords.
- Complimentary Landlord Orientation Sessions: HACLA offers complimentary orientation sessions for prospective, new and participating Landlords.
- Landlords Portal you will be able to view and print HAP information, scheduled inspections, request for rent changes, and access many more features.
In addition to our standard benefits, we offer financial benefits to Landlords who partner with us in our HIP Program.
Questions? Visit our Landlord Inquiry page