HACLA offers many benefits to landlords in exchange for listing their properties with the Housing Authority.
- Reliable Payments: Once a HAP contract has been fully executed, the Housing Authority guarantees its payment to you, as long as the family remains eligible and the unit meets HQS Inspection requirements.
- Free property listing: You may advertise your unit free of charge specifically to Section 8 families via GoSection8.com.
- Comparable Rents: Rents may equal, but not exceed, other comparably sized and equipped units in the area.
- Rent Increases: You may request a rent increase once a year after the initial term of the lease.
- Inspections: HACLA inspects your unit free of charge at a minimum every other year.
- Landlord Newsletter: You will find several editions of our monthly Section 8 Landlord Newsletters archived on our website. These newsletters contain valuable information about the Section 8 program and address specific areas of the program pertinent to landlords.
- Complimentary Landlord Orientation Sessions: HACLA offers complimentary orientation sessions for prospective, new and participating Landlords.
- Landlords Portal you will be able to view and print HAP information, scheduled inspections, request for rent changes, and access many more features.
Questions? Visit our Landlord Inquiry page