How to Get Started
Requests should be made in writing and submitted no less than seven (7) working days prior to the proposed Permitted Activities to:
Housing Authority of the City of Los Angeles
Attention: Communications Director
2600 Wilshire Blvd., 3rd floor
Los Angeles, CA 90057
or email to: email@example.com
Please submit the following:
- HACLA application
- HACLA application fee* (see page 3 of the Procedures For Commercial Filming for fees)
Once received, HACLA, Resident Advisory Council and other affected parties will review your script and notify you of a decision. Upon conditional approval, you will need to provide the following:
- A completed IRS W-9 form
- A copy of a valid City-issued permit for permitted activities
- Proof of insurance
- A check or money order for the full amount of the fees (see pages 5-7 of the Procedures For Commercial Filming document)
- Signed Rules and Regulations form
- Signed Location Release Contract
Once final approval is granted the Permittee is required to make all the applicable payments no later than twenty-four (24) hours prior to engaging in any permitted activities. See Procedures for Commercial Filming, Videotaping and Still Photography at Housing Authority-owned or Controlled Sites for the fee schedule. A signed location release agreement will be executed after all necessary documents are filed and approved.
All checks and money orders should be made payable to Housing Authority of the City of Los Angeles.
*Application fee is non-refundable.